This article – will tell you how to stylishly and intelligently pick shoes to a black dress.
There are a lot of different ways to wear black and denim separately. But how many choices do you have when it comes to a classic combination of those two pieces? How deep can you go into styling a denim jacket and a plain black dress to create absolutely different looks?
The key rule to styling the basics is layering. Layer everything – clothes, colors, and textures. How? Let’s have a look.
5 Ways of Styling a Black Dress with Denim Jacket
Among those celebrities, who wear black and denim a lot, are Miranda Kerr, Vanessa Hudgens, Mandy Moore, and Dakota Johnson. And know what? They never look the same even if it is the same denim jacket and the same dress. But how do they manage to create such different outfits with such a simple piece of the wardrobe as a classic black dress?
As we have already mentioned above, there are tons of ways to wear a black dress and a denim jacket in absolutely new ways. The only rule is not to be afraid of layering.
- For the first look, we’re going to get inspired by Vanessa Hudgens’ outfit. Complement a midi black dress and a light denim jacket with a dark brown cross-body bag, black and silver sandals and a pair of sunglasses. It is a great summer-autumn outfit for a day in the city.
- For the next outfit, you’re going to need a black dress, a jacket, a leopard-print scarf, a pair of dark boots, and a black shoulder bag. The centrepiece of this look is a scarf.
- The next look is a bright example of layering the pieces. On top of a black dress, get a sweater and a black denim jacket. Pick sweaters in different shades of beige. To finish the look, get a pair of dark sandals or boots and a small textured bag in white decorated with a dark scarf.
- For the next look, get a maxi dress, a jacket, a pair of suede ankle boots in olive or sage, a black fedora, and a large shopper bag.
- And the last but not the least, a long dress and a pair of sneakers. Add a denim jacket on top. Go for a black backpack for a more casual look.
It is a lot of fun playing with the basics of the wardrobe. You can create so many interesting looks with the same pieces. Give it a try too!
Selecting The Right Makeup For Blue Eyes And Brown Hair
It’s worth choosing the makeup colors matching your overall look – your outfit, hairdo and accessories. Metallic and gray shades are perfect for both everyday and formal makeup letting, you create diverse looks and always feel comfortable wearing one or another makeup. Such shades emphasize your blue eyes making them deeper and making the color more saturated.
If you are willing to put on a more eye-catching makeup, then give preference to either cool or warm shades. The first category includes the following colors:
- bright blue;
- cornflower blue;
- navy blue;
- cobalt blue;
The most suitable warm shades for blue eyes are:
- terra cotta;
- pastel pink;
- dark pink.
You have to not only pay attention to the vividness and saturation, but also take you hair and skin color as well as your outfit into account when selecting the right lipstick color. The following lipstick shades are suitable when it comes to makeup for blue eyes and brown hair: milk chocolate, burgundy, dark red, maroon, marsala, brick.
Ladies with light beige skin color should definitely give preference to red lipstick when selecting the best makeup for blue eyes and brown hair. You can also take such shades into consideration:
- pink beige;
- solferino red;
Vivid makeup always looks perfectly on women with dark hair (regardless of their skin tone), however it is not worth putting too much bright accents, but emphasize only one part – lips, eyes, brows, etc.
Natural Everyday Makeup For Blue Eyes And Brown Hair
Too bright makeup isn’t always suitable for everyday life, that’s exactly why it is suggested to give preference to a natural makeup. Natural makeup for girls with blue eyes and dark hair has to include pastel, nude, light tones – light pink lip balm, beige eye shadow, a little mascara and blush complimenting your skin tone.
It’s not required to apply too much foundation and powder in order them not to look like a mask as well as use eyeliner when putting on natural makeup. Give preference to shades which look natural on you and emphasize all your good sides, making it possible for you to feel confident in any situation and spend minimum time of applying makeup.